Retail Store/Online Sales Associate
This position is a retail store/online sales associate position, which requires availability for a minimum of 40 hours per week but can require additional hours during high sales volume times of the year, including mandatory Saturday shifts. This is a critical position that allows for use of the following skills: customer service, merchandising, money handling, internet order fulfillment and sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Must be able to work in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
· Have a thorough knowledge of assigned retail store and online operational procedures and processes.
· Provide answers to customer inquiries regarding products, ingredients and/or nutritional values.
· Must be able to prioritize tasks and multitask.
· Capable of keeping store/online spaces clean, and well organized without having outdated or damaged product (with the exception of “hurt” products).
· Have a strength in sales and merchandising of products to create an appealing sales environment.
· Ability to record sales transactions, maintain store records, provide accurate money handling, and capacity to operate register system, including: receiving payments by cash, check, credit card, debit card, gift certificate, providing refunds or credits, and providing the proper amount of change.
· Order and maintain inventory of products for sale in the store/online dept.
· Capacity to take phone orders with accuracy.
· Rotate product using a first in first out method to ensure optimal product freshness.
· Must be able to provide gift-wrapping services, and/or package products appropriately for transport.
· Ability to understand and communicate verbally and in writing to customers.
· Resolve customer questions and ensure customer satisfaction by either contacting Customer Service or Assistant Plant Manager
· Responsible for following all warehouse policies and company policies/procedures including Safety Guidelines, GMP’S, QA Checklist, Production Standards and other processes as required.
· Must bring a positive attitude (Can Do and What Can I do to Help) to the position.
· Be a positive contributor when interacting with other Asher’s team members and customers at all times.
· Perform specific tasks as requested and required by Asher’s Management team.
· Perform online responsibilities such as making baskets/gifts, operate Ups shipping program, pulling/packing online orders with accuracy and maintaining inventory for online department.
· Flexibility to perform the job that needs to be completed at the Retail Store Dept. or the Online Sales Department on any given day.
The ability to read, write, and comprehend English to safely perform all duties and requirements of the position.
Employee must have the ability to safely stand, walk, pull, push, and lift boxes weighing up to 50 pounds to a height of 5 feet either manually, with team lift, or with material handling equipment over an eight (8) hour shift.
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
1-3 years related experience with the appropriate certificates and/or diplomas. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Knowledge and Skills:
Must possess the knowledge and understanding of retail/online sales procedures, including, but not limited to: merchandising, cash handling, customer service, ups shipping program and organization.
5-10% for specialized events.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Approximately 95% of work is performed in a retail facility which is climate controlled and may contain allergens. The retail sales associate must be able to continuously walk, stand, sit and withstand working in a retail space with a hard-wood floors.
This job description is intended to convey essential information to understand the scope of the job, the general nature, and level of work performed by job holders. This job description isn’t an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions, which may be changed from time to time based upon business needs.